Sales Forecast Analyst
Samsung HVAC is headquartered in Roanoke, Texas, with offices in California and Pennsylvania. Samsung HVAC imports and manages equipment sales to
HVACR wholesale distributors, manufacturer representatives and plan and specification representatives throughout Canada and the USA. Samsung HVAC
provides distributors and representatives a wide range of related products from a single source, becoming a value added supplier to over
thirteen hundred distributor locations across North America. Samsung HVAC also leads the way in product availability, hands-on technical
training (recognized by national certification agencies) and competitive sales programs.
Samsung HVAC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics America.
Provide sales forecasting support for the sales department under the direction of Senior Vice President/ COO,
while working independently and with the sales department periodically to help meet sales goals.
Primary responsibilities include interfacing with the sales analysts and sales team and SVP/COO to ensure preparation for sales forecasting is timely, necessary data is accessed and available for sales forecasting, daily sales reporting to the organization for sales progress is computed, formatted and reported as well as other routine and custom sales figure access and reporting. Performs miscellaneous sales analysis to support goal development, identify potential system issues and assists with hitting corporate shipment and sales targets. Assists with maintaining product line model information and work closely with Sales and Marking teams to assists with providing standardization of inbound and outbound field communication, continually striving towards continuous improvement of internal and external processes and systems. Maintains and drives continuous improvement of all transactions; periodically assigned special projects including membership or leadership on cross-functional teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Other duties may be assigned.
In this position, either directly or through others, the incumbent will:
- Responsible for supporting daily forecast (sales board)
- Collaborate across the enterprise to provide accurate daily, weekly and monthly reports, sales projections, BO (business opportunity reports and applicable pre and post sales analysis for all markets) by working to ensure that all data is entered correctly.
- Prepare all levels of reports using B2B Link/Qwanix system, compiles data into comprehensible format (advance excel), and provide information for the department’s effective customer, internal, and company communications
- Provide forecasting insight and analysis necessary for appropriate decision making
- Provide financial expertise data related to forecasting, trend analysis and other ad-hoc analysis requested, demonstrating a clear understanding of financial reporting as it relates to forecast analysis, productivity, budgeting and trending
- Track product & sales forecast performance against customer, channel and region targets
- Work cross functionally with operations, department management, external business partners, sales, marketing and finance
- Participate in sales related meetings/functions upon request in a support role
- Assist in the development of data and insights to support key selling initiatives
- Build standardized cross functional business scorecards and measure success
- Assists with creating customer sales acquisition data for management from Qwanix system
- Assists with post promotional analysis of product priority initiatives, using insights to make key recommendation on future launch plans
- Use selling tools to support execution of key package innovation launches and support rollout plans with region teams Dodge report creation, report communication and routine follow up
- Keeping meeting minutes for leadership team
- Gathering and organizing data for AHRI statistical reporting and other such data intensive reports
To qualify for this position, the following minimal background and skill levels are required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Mathematics or Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 3-5 years specialized training and knowledge in sales program management, reporting/ analytics
- Experience researching information and preparing communications
- Solid computer skills required including advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
- Strong internal customer service focus, with the ability to interpret and summarize data to help achieve strategic and operational goals
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Discretion in managing confidential business and personnel information
For this position the following skills and abilities must be demonstrated at a proficient level:
- Excellent attention to detail concerning data and analysis
- Advance proficiency in MS Office Suite, with strong emphasis in Excel and PowerPoint
- Plan, organize, and prioritize multiple assignments and projects
- Demonstrated competency in both oral and written modes for internal and external personnel at all levels
- Work independently and in a team environment in order to achieve personal and team goals and complete assignments within established time frames
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions:
The position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
- Operate a computer keyboard, telephone and view a video display terminal more than 90% of work time
- Visual acuity, color distinction, and numeric and character detail distinction for the analysis and preparation of statistical reports and information
- Lift, move, or adjust general office equipment, boxes, or materials weighing up to 25 pounds using proper materials handling equipment and procedures
- Occasionally work additional hours beyond normal schedule