Regional Sales Manager
Samsung HVAC LLC is headquartered in Roanoke, Texas, with offices in California and Pennsylvania. Samsung HVAC LLC imports and manages equipment sales to HVACR wholesale distributors, manufacturer representatives and plan and specification representatives throughout Canada and the USA. Samsung HVAC LLC provides distributors and representatives a wide range of related products from a single source, becoming a value added supplier to over thirteen hundred distributor locations across North America. Samsung HVAC also leads the way in product availability, hands-on technical training (recognized by national certification agencies) and competitive sales programs.
August, 2014, Samsung HVAC officially become the member of the Samsung Group of Companies as a wholly owned subsidiary and relocated to the current corporate location in Roanoke, Texas in May 2015.
This position will be responsible for Business to Business sales of HVAC products or services. Duties involve direct one-to-one communication with customers or clients, answering questions concerning products or services, selling products and services to new and present clients and contacting prospects and explaining features and merits of products or services offered by utilizing persuasive sales techniques. Coordinating company product support (including technical engineering support) and services to ascertain customer's needs and increase sales. Will close transactions and take orders. Will estimate time and sales expenses expected and submit to management. Help provide product/service warranty claim information to ensure resolution within company policies. Analyze records of present and past sales, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenue, administrative commitments, and obligations incurred to interpret accounts, trends, and records and report to management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Other duties may be assigned.
In this position, either directly or through others, the incumbent will:
- Conduct face to-face meetings with potential customers, Wholesale Reps, Spec Reps, Distributors, and Sales Team members to promote company products and services including building relationships internally and externally
- Travel and work trade shows, trainings, and other promotions as needed
- Liaison between external customers and Samsung HVAC, communicating with departments to ensure concerns and problems are solved immediately and exceeding customer expectations. Conduct customer visits as required
- Work with Distributor principals in establishing criteria and potential locations for expansion
- Responsible for actively working with Sales Leaders on developing, maintaining and adjusting sales plans, target accounts, key projects and Distributor planning including joint calls
- Ensures that Samsung HVAC’s internal tracking systems are kept up-to-date
- Develop, implement, track, and report on regional sales growth plan based on programs, target account opportunities, project tracking and distribution planning
- Collect competitive price sheets on a continual basis to ensure we are well priced in the marketplace
- Track distributor calls and issues and record in Samsung HVAC’s internal system
To qualify for this position, the following minimal background and skill levels are required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- A high school education or verifiable GED Required
- Minimum of 7 years sales experience – HVAC industry preferred
- Proficient sales skills with broad knowledge of sales forecasting and sales call planning
- Strong knowledge of different sales cycles and styles that occur between the company and the distributor, the distributor and the wholesaler and the wholesale and the consumer
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent relationships in a highly matrixed environment
For this position the following skills and abilities must be demonstrated at a proficient level:
- Must understand the sales cycle and be able to successfully influence decision-makers at all levels to maximize sales potential
- Must be able to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all appropriate levels within and outside the company
- Must be able to work with competing demands, be flexible in an environment of changing requirements, and be capable of establishing and achieving specific objectives
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be computer proficient - particularly in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions:
The position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
- Operate a computer keyboard, telephone and view a video display terminal more than 90% of work time.
- Visual acuity, color distinction, and numeric and character detail distinction for the analysis and preparation of statistical reports and information
- Lift, move, or adjust general office equipment, boxes, or materials weighing up to 50 pounds using proper materials handling equipment and procedures
- Occasionally work additional hours beyond normal schedule
- Ability to travel as needed both (Domestic and International)