Curriculum Developer/Program Manager
Samsung HVAC is headquartered in Roanoke, Texas, with offices in California and Pennsylvania.
Samsung HVAC imports and manages equipment sales to HVACR wholesale distributors, manufacturer
representatives and plan and specification representatives throughout Canada and the USA.
Samsung HVAC provides distributors and representatives a wide range of related products from a single source,
becoming a value-added supplier to over thirteen hundred distributor locations across North America.
Samsung HVAC also leads the way in product availability, hands-on technical training (recognized by national certification agencies)
and competitive sales programs.
Samsung HVAC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics America.
This position will proactively create the curriculum design, development, and support of assigned HVAC training programs at Samsung HVAC. The individual oversees the entire curriculum development lifecycle, from proposal through design, development, delivery, maintenance, and retirement of a program. Conducts periodic program reviews to ensure programs remain current, relevant, and engaging. Given the nature of the assignments and contributions, the individual directly impacts the strategic deliverables of company and the overall quality of technical services training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Other duties may be assigned.
In this position, either directly or through others, the incumbent will:
- Assumes broad responsibility for curriculum within assigned programs, including content relevance, quality, technical accuracy, cohesion, and functionality
- Collaborates with all stakeholders to ensure programs meet the mission and vision of Samsun HVAC
- Works with cross-functional teams to incorporate cutting-edge educational technology, learning science methodologies, and adult learning frameworks into the curriculum to promote student success
- Uses curriculum-mapping techniques to ensure curriculum aligns to standards, program outcomes, accreditation needs, assessment strategies, and course-level competencies
- Ensures developed curriculum meets or exceeds current student outcome metrics, and provides an improved student experience
- Collaborates with National Training Manager and the accreditation and compliance organizations to ensure programs meet all accreditation and regulatory requirements
- Creates proposed program descriptions, outcomes, competencies, and standard paths
- Ensures use of best practices in the design, development, delivery, and maintenance of curriculum
- Collaborates with managers to ensure timely delivery of quality programs
- Conducts ongoing data-driven program reviews to identify and implement strategic program enhancement plans as needed
- Drives innovation and change within Samsung HVAC curriculum programs to maintain their industry-leading and learning design reputation, and provides a technologically enhanced, modular, self-paced and engaging user experience for Samsun HVAC students
- Communicates program curriculum performance to appropriate stakeholders
- Seeks and implements innovations for program improvements that increase program performance metrics and student satisfaction
To qualify for this position, the following minimal background and skill levels are required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 6 years specialized curriculum development experience
- Experience researching information and preparing course curriculum
- Clear understanding of user experience best practices, including accessibility requirements
- Ability to use performance data to make informed curriculum design decisions
For this position the following skills and abilities must be demonstrated at a proficient level:
- Strong program-level needs analysis skills
- Ability to build relationships and influence at all levels of an organization
- Ability to facilitate groups and meetings in person and remotely
- Strong organizational, project management, and time management skills
- Detail-oriented approach
- Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently
- Excellent written, oral, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in technology-driven document and collaboration tools, including Microsoft Office suite, and web conferencing and cloud-based tools Competencies
- Proficiency in curriculum development software programs
- Strong project management skills; ability to formulate action plans and timelines and execute to those plans
- Proficiency in Articulate 360
- Ability to use Adobe creative suites
- Knowledge with audio, video production & editing
- Ability to perform graphics manipulation
- Understanding of Learning Management Systems
- SCROM compliant training development skills
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions:
The position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
- Operate a computer keyboard, telephone and view a video display terminal more than 90% of work time
- Visual acuity, color distinction, and numeric and character detail distinction for the analysis and preparation of statistical reports and information
- Lift, move, or adjust general office equipment, boxes, or materials weighing up to 50 pounds using proper materials handling equipment and procedures
- Occasionally work additional hours beyond normal schedule
- Individual must possess a valid driver's license in good standing
- Regular travel requirements with occasional overnight travel required up to 25% of the time